- 2 Flax Eggs
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbs Cinnamon
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups Strawberries (chopped and divided)
- 1/2 cup Silken Tofu
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Make flax eggs. (Check this post for how to make a flax egg.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease muffin tin. I use coconut oil spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, very well, in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup of the strawberries, tofu, vanilla and flax eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop out batter into muffin tin. Should make 12.
- Use the 1/2 cup of strawberries left to place pieces on top of the muffins before baking, as shown in the pictures. You can also add sliced almonds if you choose.
- Bake for 22 – 22 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick for doneness.
Almond Flour – I have only ever used Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour. I was informed the other almond flours maybe a bit too wet one their own. You might want to sub part of the almond flour for a drier flour such as rice or coconut flour.
Eggs – If you can eat eggs and want to, just sub 2 regular eggs for the flax eggs.