- 2 tbs Avocado Oil (high heat oil)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 2 tbs Chili Powder
- 1 tbs Cumin
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 lb. Red Potatoes (sliced)
- 6 oz. Mexi Blend Cheese (shredded)
- Handful Cilantro (chopped) (optional)
- Mix the peppers in a bowl.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- Saute onions until translucent.
- Add ground beef.
- Add chili powder and cumin.
- Cook until meat is browned.
- Lightly spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Layer ⅓ sliced potatoes, ⅓ beef mixture, ⅓ pepper mixture, ⅓ cheese and ⅓ cilantro (if using).
- Layer again and again.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- It will have a lot of liquid due to the peppers. You can dish out with a slotted spoon or drain with a turkey basted. (I use the turkey baster.)
- Top with favorite condiments, like sour cream and/or guacamole.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours