- 12 oz. Bacon (chopped)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 4 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 4 medium Carrots (chopped)
- 1 medium Red Pepper (chopped)
- 3 lbs. Gold Potatoes (chopped)
- 8 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tbs Cornstarch
- 1 – 14 oz. can Coconut Milk
- 1/2 lb Frozen Corn
- 2 tbs Parsley (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Cut up bacon and cook in soup pot until crisp.
- Remove bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Remove most of the fat. Leave about ¼ cup.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, celery and red pepper. Saute until onions translucent.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Cook until potatoes soft and stickable with a fork. Approx. 15 minutes.
- Remove ⅓ – ½ of the soup and blend.
- Add back to soup.
- Mix cornstarch and 1/3 of the coconut milk. Add to soup.
- Add rest of coconut milk, corn, bacon, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Heat until thoroughly warm. Serve.