This applesauce cake is so simple to make and wonderfully good. It’s gluten free AND vegan. This applesauce cake makes a great treat. Just like Grandma’s.
- 2 Flax Eggs (Click here for how to make a flax egg.)
- 1 ½ cup Applesauce
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ cup Nuts (chopped and optional)
- 2 ½ cups GF Flour Blend (click for recipe)
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbs Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp allspice or cloves or ginger
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- Make flax eggs and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Make flax eggs and stick in refrigerator.
- Mix applesauce and sugar.
- Add flax eggs, oil and vanilla. Mix. Add chopped nuts, if using.
- Mix rest of ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly add to wet ingredients. Don’t over mix.
- Bake in 8 ½ inch by 8 ½ inch pan for 35-40 minutes.
Eggs – If you can eat eggs and want to, just sub 2 regular eggs for the flax eggs.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins