Easy, Quick Dinner.
Would like to say the idea of an easy quick dinner is all because of having two kids and so much chaos that goes along with them. But in all honesty, we have been using this particular easy quick dinner for many, many years before our beautiful children came into our lives.
What I like about this dinner is that it is so quick and can be done almost completely in one pot. Almost.
But it also feels so fancy.
Pesto just feels so fancy to me over regular red sauce. Maybe because it became a “thing” in the 80s. And that is when I grew up. You know how memories from your childhood can be so impressionable.
Anyway, one night I was looking through the cupboards, freezer and fridge. Had all this stuff, so I threw it together.
It was so fast and easy that it became our go-to dinner when I hadn’t planned, which is a lot of the time.
Bonus – It is one of LM’s favorites, too. Win-win!
By the way, if you need to be gluten free, use gluten free pasta. We just use Trader Joe’s corn pasta most of the time.
- 1 lb. Pasta (Gluten Free)
- 4 cups Broccoli (chopped)
- 2 cups Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 lb. Shrimp (cooked)
- ⅓ cup Pesto
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. After it’s done, drain, rinse and leave in colander. Sprinkle with a little olive oil and toss to keep from sticking.
- Give the pot a quick rinse and place it back on the stove.
- While the pasta is cooking, steam the broccoli to the doneness you prefer.
- In the pasta pot, add olive oil and turn heat on to medium-high. When the oil is heated, add the mushrooms. Saute until the mushrooms start to turn golden brown. Add shrimp and warm them up on the heat for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the pasta and ½ of the pesto. Stir to coat.
- Add the broccoli and the rest of the pesto. Stir to coat, again.