- 6 lbs. Apples
- 1 1/2 cups Water (divided)
- Peel, core and chop the apples. (I love the corer slicer combo. Makes it so much easier. (affiliate link))
- Place peels in medium pot with 1/2 cup water.
- Place apples in large pot with 1 cup water.
- Cover and cook each on medium high for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring ever few minutes, until it is the mushy-ness you want.
- Use a potato masher (pictured above) and mash the apples.
- Use a blender or food processor to blend up the peels.
- Mix the two parts together. The peel give extra flavor and sweetness to your applesauce. So yummy!
For canning – Spoon into warm jars and can in water bath. (I follow the instructions on the bottom of the Ball Jar box, so I am linking to them here. Someday I will do a canning post because I am digging it.)
Here is a link for the canning pot I use and the canning equipment. If you haven’t canned before, you will need these. Yes, all of the equipment helps a lot. And yes the last two links are affiliate links.