- 6 lbs. Apples
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- Core and chop the apples. (I love the corer slicer combo. Makes it so much easier. (affiliate link))
- Place apples in large pot with water.
- Cover and cook on medium high for 15 minutes, stirring ever few minutes, until it is the mushy-ness you want.
- Use a food processor process the apples until smooth.
- The peel give extra flavor and sweetness to your applesauce. So yummy!
For canning – Spoon into warm jars and can in water bath. (I follow the instructions on the bottom of the Ball Jar box, so I am linking to them here. Someday I will do a canning post because I am digging it.)
Here is a link for the canning pot I use and the canning equipment. If you haven’t canned before, you will need these. Yes, all of the equipment helps a lot. And yes the last two links are affiliate links.