- 8 cups Apricots (stone removed and cut each side into quarters)
- 4 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- Put a small plate in your freezer.
- Add all ingredients into a large/tall pot. (It will splatter a bit when it boils, so you want to make sure you don’t get hit with it.)
- Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Keep an eye on it and stir a lot.
- Mush the pieces up a bit with a wooden spoon as you stir.
- Take a small bit out with a spoon and place it on the freezer-ed plate. If it stiffens a bit, you are ready to can. If not, cook another 5-10 minutes until it does stiffen on the frozen plate.
- Spoon into warm jars and can in water bath. (I follow the instructions on the bottom of the Ball Jar box, so I am linking to them here. Someday I will do a canning post because I am digging it.)
- Here is a link for the canning pot I use and the canning equipment. If you haven’t canned before, you will need these. Yes, all of the equipment helps a lot. And yes the last two links are affiliate links.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins