- 6 lbs Apples (weighed after cored and chopped)
- 4 cups sugar (divided)
- ⅓ cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbs Cinnamon
- Core and chop apples until you have 6 lbs.
- Put apples in a very large pot. Pour 2 cups of sugar over the apples.
- Cover with a towel and let sit overnight. Up to 24 hours.
- Put the pot on the stove on medium high.
- Add the rest of the sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook uncovered for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour until the apples are boiled down to about half.
- Keep a watch on it, and stir frequently. It will burn easily, and you don’t want burnt apple jam. Ick!
- Add cinnamon. If you don’t like a lot of cinnamon, you can use 1 tbs or omit it altogether.
- Now, it’s ready to can.
For canning – Spoon into warm jars and can in water bath. (I follow the instructions on the bottom of the Ball Jar box, so I am linking to them here. Someday I will do a canning post because I am digging it.)
Here is a link for the canning pot I use and the canning equipment. If you haven’t canned before, you will need these. Yes, all of the equipment helps a lot. And yes the last two links are affiliate links.