Are you always looking for easy dinner recipes for you and your family?
Yeah, me, too.
That is why I love my slow cooker. Or crockpot. Whatever you want to call it.
I just love being able to put everything in one pot in the morning, and…
Magically have a wonderful dinner when dinner time rolls around.
And if I can make something that we already love able to work great in the slow cooker…
Even more awesome!
That’s what happened with this idea.
Our whole family loves sausage. I mean LOVES sausage. Gobble, gobble, yum, yum.
And usually I just cook the sausage up in a pan and then cook a veggie on the side. But when I realized we were also going on a pepper kick, my brain started ticking.
Mmmm. I’ve heard of sausage and peppers together. Wonder if it would work the throw it in a slow cooker? Well, only one way to find out. Let’s try it.
Winner! This puppy was a winner on the first try. But, of course, we had made it over a few times since then. Still a winner. And other than the chopping, super, super easy.
But if you like your onions and peppers in long strippies, it requires even less chopping. Just make them how you like.
Then get prepared to have a wonderful meal waiting for you when dinner time rolls around.
- 1 lb. Mild Chicken Italian Sausage (cooked and chopped)
- 1 Green Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Red Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Yellow Pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbs Oregano (dried)
- ¼ cup Basil (fresh and chopped)
- 1 14 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbs Tomato Paste
- Add sausage, peppers, onion, garlic, oregano and basil to the slow cooker.
- Mix tomatoes and tomato paste together, and add to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- About ½ before it is done, cut the sausage into bite size pieces. And give everything a good stir.
- Serve over rice, if you desire.