Hi there! It’s Kale Salad time!
I’m going to post food today. You know, the kind that you have to chew. I haven’t gotten to do too much of that lately.
(For those who don’t know my saga with food allergies and having to live off of smoothies, the post is here. Plus my favorite green smoothie recipe.)
But, I am slowly introducing back food. The kind you have to chew.
And I decided to stay being good to myself and my body, so I chose healthy food to chew. This kale salad fits the bill.
Tons and tons of nutrition with the kale. And strawberries. And pecans. Not sure about the goat cheese, but it added nice flavor.
And for those who read my other blog, Glügle Gluten Free, this kale salad recipe might sound a little familiar. But the only thing the same is the messaging the kale to take the bitter coating off. It not only make the raw kale edible. It makes it super tasty.
Another nice thing, though, is that kale is so hardy that even if you have leftovers, they will still be great the next day. So make a lot and snack all week.
At least that’s what I do.
- 1 bunch Kale (curly)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Strawberries (chopped)
- ½ cup Goat Cheese
- 1 cup Pecans
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Wash and dry the kale.
- Tear kale into bit size pieces, removing the stems completely. Place in large bowl.
- Sprinkle olive oil over the top.
- Juice the lemon and sprinkle over the top.
- Massage the oil and juice into the kale. (The goal is to not have any of the white cloudy film left on the kale. You want every piece nice and shiny. Just like the picture above.)
- Grind a bit of salt and pepper on top. Mix up the kale.
- Sprinkle the strawberries, pecans and goat cheese on top.
- Add your salad tongs and serve.
I am linking this post to Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Shirley of gfe-gluten-free easily, Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker and Lynn of Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures.