It took me forever to come up with this recipe.
Or should I say, “It took me forever to get it right.”
I think I tried 8000 different variations trying to get it to come out right. The taste was usually fine. In fact, I would say pretty good. But the texture or ability to stay together was always wrong.
Most of the time it would just fall apart if you tried to take it out with any kind of spatula. You could only get out with a spoon. Many spoonfuls.
But the problem with it all tasting good was that we had an overabundance of brownies in our house for over 2 weeks.
Every single day we had counters covered in brownies just asking to be eaten. So I just had to oblige.
I mean. How can you turn down brownies?
And we couldn’t have them sitting around all over the place. I had MORE brownies to make. I had to get this recipe right.
Do you know how hard it is to make gluten free, dairy free, vegan chocolate mint brownies? It ain’t easy, let me tell ya.
Well, let me take that back. Now it is easy. And super easy for you. Because I did all the work. And ate all the brownies.
Now my pants are tight.
- 3 Flax Eggs
- ½ cup Coconut Butter
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- ½ cup Rice Flour
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- Make flax eggs. (Check this post for how to make a flax egg.)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly spray an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Melt coconut butter and chocolate chips together with vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add flax eggs and melted mixture and mix some more.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 25 - 28 minutes. Check with toothpick for doneness.