So, Valentine’s day is tomorrow. I don’t know about you, but to me nothing says I love you better than chocolate. And nothing says I love you more than any and everything better than chocolate chip mint. Chocolate chocolate chip mint cookies to be precise.
Yeah, I know. Here I go with chocolate and peppermint. With my peppermint hazelnut clusters, chocolate mint brownies and hot chocolate with peppermint, you would think I was a little crazy for chocolate and peppermint.
And nothing says the universe loves me more than my experiment of chocolate chocolate chip mint cookies turning out amazing the very first try. And the second and the third.
OK, that is a bit too strong. I know the universe loves me. And it’s not because of chocolate chocolate chip mint cookies. But they sure are up there.
For anyone really keeping track, of course my husband, kids, family and friends come way before. But since my husband and kids love these cookies as much as I do, it’s a-ok.
In fact, I overheard LM last night on the baby monitor telling his daddy how much he liked my cookies. Ha said they were AWESOME!
Can’t get much better than that, right?
So, if you are a fan of chocolate chocolate chip mint cookies, I suggest you make these. It really isn’t any harder than a regular cookie recipe. I think the only difference is that you have to melt the coconut oil to get it to mix well.
And try making them heart shaped. I tried it with a few, and while some turned out a little blobby, a lot looked like hearts.
So, Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours. I hope it’s a day filled with love and chocolate.
Linking this post to Waste Not Want Not Wednesdays at Poor and Gluten Free.
- 2 cups GF Flour (click here for my recipe)
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Flax Eggs (click link for how to make a flax egg)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 ½ tsp Peppermint Extract
- ¾ cup of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix flax eggs, sugars, coconut oil, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the mixture in the large bowl. Add the chocolate chips.
- Shape batter into balls about 1-1 ½ inches wide and set on cookie sheets. Mush down slightly.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until done. Remove and set on cooling rack.